Educational objectives of the training include:
- Utilize the opioid triage tool to identify patients who are receiving an opioid prescription who may be at risk of misuse, use disorder, or accidental overdose.
- Apply a case-based approach to identify patients at risk of opioid misuse and use disorder using the opioid triage tool.
- Apply concepts learned to openly and confidently discuss the potential for opioid misuse and use disorders.
- Integrate opioid triage tool into community pharmacy workflow
- List communication techniques for discussing ONE Rx with patients
Educational topics of the training include:
- The science of addiction
- An introduction to a tool to screen patients for risk of opioid misuse
- Risks associated with accidental opioid overdose
- Naloxone prescribing, dispensing, and counseling
- Consultation on the risk of opioid misuse exemplified through lecture and role-play
- A list of supporting services in the community for individuals concerned about an opioid use disorder is provided to pharmacists to disseminate to patients
Pharmacist Engagement in the Community to Target Opioid Misuse and Overdose Prevention
How do I access this activity?
- Log on to CEImpact.com
- You should select login or if you are new to CEI, begin by clicking LOGIN and Create an account.
- Click Create Account at the bottom of the page
- Enter the code ONERx in the box on the left-hand side of your screen and click Submit.
- You are now enrolled in the course; it can be accessed in your My Courses
How do I submit my CPE?
- Logon to www.CEImpact.com, click on MyProfile.
- Locate the activity title you wish to complete within your Profile and click on the Exam.
- Complete the Exam and Evaluation as prompted; click SUBMIT to send your information to CPE Monitor
Questions? Contact team at CEI by calling 515.270.8118 or team@CEImpact.com