Educational objectives of the training include:
- Utilize the opioid triage tool to identify patients who are receiving an opioid prescription who may be at risk of misuse, use disorder, or accidental overdose.
- Apply a case-based approach to identify patients at risk of opioid misuse and use disorder using the opioid triage tool.
- Apply concepts learned to openly and confidently discuss the potential for opioid misuse and use disorders.
- Integrate opioid triage tool into community pharmacy workflow
- List communication techniques for discussing ONE Rx with patients
Upon completion of the training, participants will:
- Receive 3 hours of free CE
- Be authorized to provide ONE Rx services in their pharmacy
- Meet ND Board of Pharmacy training requirements to prescribe naloxone
Educational topics of the training include:
- The science of addiction
- An introduction to a tool to screen patients for risk of opioid misuse
- Risks associated with accidental opioid overdose
- Naloxone prescribing, dispensing, and counseling
- Consultation on the risk of opioid misuse exemplified through lecture and role-play
- A list of supporting services in the community for individuals concerned about an opioid use disorder is provided to pharmacists to disseminate to patients
Survey Link–required before entrance into training
Click on this link to complete this brief questionnaire to receive your access code for the training modules
Pharmacist Engagement in the Community to Target Opioid Misuse and Overdose Prevention
NDSU partners with CEI to offer you access to Pharmacist Engagement in the Community to Target Opioid Misuse and Overdose Prevention. As an NDSU and CEI Partner, you will access your activity with a Partners access code on the CEI Website – www.CEImpact.com
How do I access this activity?
- Log onto www.CEImpact.com
- You will be prompted to login or if you are new to CEI, begin by clicking ‘LOGIN’ and create an account.
- Click on CONFIRM at the bottom of the page.
- Enter your code in the field Enter Partner Code and click APPLY
- Click CONFIRM at the bottom of the page and you will be registered.
- The activity will now show in your profile.
How do I submit my CPE?
- Logon to www.CEImpact.com, click on MyProfile.
- Locate the activity title you wish to complete within your Profile and click on the Exam.
- Complete the Exam and Evaluation as prompted; click SUBMIT to send your information to CPE Monitor
TO DO ACTIVITIES lists all of your active programs so you can see what needs to be completed before you can claim your credit. Once your credit has been claimed, the program will move to COMPLETED ACTIVITIES, so you know it’s done. You can also move activities to NOT NOW, in case you change your mind and don’t want to do a program. What if you decide you want to do it later? No problem, just move it back to MY ACTIVITIES and you’re good to go!
Questions? Contact team at CEI by calling 515.270.8118 or team@CEImpact.com